- Is a behavior pattern of coercive power and control established through the abuse of one’s intimate partner.
- Can include some or all the following types of abuse: Physical Abuse (or the threat); Sexual Violence; Psychological or Emotional Abuse; Economic Abuse; and Stalking.
- Affects individuals in every community regardless of age, sexual preference, class, ethnicity, culture or religion.
- Can occur in current or former dating, cohabiting, or married relationships.
- Is about gaining or maintaining power and control over an intimate partner.