- Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence - http://mcadsv.com -
About Sexual Violence
Posted By achermack On February 6, 2012 @ 12:32 pm In | No Comments
- Is any sexual contact forced upon a person against his or her will or when a victim is unable to consent due to age, illness, disability, or the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Is not just rape or attempted rape, it also includes intentional touching of the genitals, anus, groin, or breast, voyeurism, exposure to exhibitionism, or undesired exposure to pornography.
- May involve actual or threatened physical force but it can also be verbal coercion, intimidation, or pressure.
- Perpetrators may be a stranger, friend, family member, or intimate partner, but, according to the 2000 National Crime Victimization Survey, most perpetrators know their victims.
- Is a huge issue in our society.
Article printed from Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence: http://mcadsv.com
URL to article: http://mcadsv.com/sexual-violence/about-sexual-violence/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence. All rights reserved.